Can you use your experience to help others?
We are looking for people just like you across Lancashire, including Blackburn with Darwen and Blackpool, to volunteer with ICANN.
Volunteering with ICANN is suitable for anyone over the age of 18. All advocates will be enhanced DBS checked. Free training is provided along with ongoing support from the Advocacy & Training Co-Ordinator. All that we ask is that you commit to a minimum of 6 months with ICANN.
Providing advocacy support is an extremely rewarding volunteer role. Joining ICANN is a great way to meet people and be part of a friendly team. Our volunteers make a huge difference helping to support people who find it difficult to speak up for themselves.
We offer regular opportunities for our community of volunteers to meet, share experiences, exchange ideas and benefit from coninuous personal and professional development as well as some great social events!
Benefits to Volunteering with ICANN
- Gain New Skills (Advocacy, teamworking etc)
- Flexible around your life
- Making a difference in the community
- Meeting people from all backgrounds
- Gain knowledge of the voluntary sector
- All reasonable out of pocket expenses refunded
- It could be a pathway to employment in the sector
- Increase your confidence and self esteem by supporting people in your local community
Below are links to specific role specifications for our volunteering opportunities. Please read before completing the expression of interest form.